Pilates is a unique form of exercise that is designed to condition the entire body through focusing on alignment, core strength, breathing and controlled movement.
It’s a form of exercise that is beneficial and safe for people ranging from elite athletes, those recovering from surgery and people that just want to improve their general fitness and wellbeing. Pilates exercises are aimed to improve muscle control and tone, flexibility, balance, breathing pattern and posture.
View our Pilates timetables
We run pilates and smart ball classes. These classes are designed to stabilise the spine and help prevent or decrease back pain. Pilates is also useful for rehabilitation after sporting injuries and surgery. Individual rehabilitation programs can also be designed by our physiotherapist to suit specific patient needs.
PhysioXtra conducts all levels of pilates classes from beginner mat based ones through to equipment based classes.
You will also have peace of mind knowing a fully qualified physiotherapist trained in clinical pilates will be instructing and monitoring your progress every step of the way.
The PINC Cancer Rehabilitation Program provides individualised, prescribed rehabilitation to women diagnosed with cancer. It is suitable after any type of cancer surgery or treatment and accommodates all ages, fitness levels and mobility. The PINC Pilates Program is delivered by Certified Cancer Rehab Physiotherapists. They are specifically designed to help maximise recovery, regain physical and emotional strength, improve body confidence and function at an optimal level during all stages of treatment and recovery.
The PINC Program aims to help you:
- Optimise physical and functional recovery
- Ease pain and muscular tension
- Regain strength and mobility
- Increase energy levels and improve breathing
- Strengthen core muscles and improve posture
- Improve physical functioning and maintain independence
- Reclaim body confidence and control
- Reduce treatment related side effects and
- Shift focus from illness to wellness
Some of PhysioXtra’s skilled Pilates Instructors include:
- Kath Chigwidden – Completed the Pilates – Studio Rehabilitation Series through Polestar Pilates International.
- Amanda Bayer – Qualified as a Level 1-4 Clinical Pilates Instructor through DMA and PINC Pilates which specialises in rehabilitation of women with cancer.
- Hazel Anderson – Polestar Pilates Course Level 1 and 2 and PINC Pilates which specialises in rehabilitation of women with cancer.
- Rebecca Ashton – Qualified as a Level 1-4 Clinical Pilates Instructor through DMA.
Call your nearest location for more details.