- Take a few 10-minute walks or bike rides during the day.
- Use an exercise DVD for a little while in the morning and a little while in the evening.
- Turn up the music and dance while you vacuum.
- Take a 10-minute dance break with your young children.
- Push the lawn mower or rake leaves.
- Give the kitchen floor a good scrubbing.
- Wash the car, clean the garage, or wash windows.
- Play Frisbee, hopscotch, or skip with children.
- Walk or bike to the shops.
- Walk the dog.
- Read the newspaper on a stationary bike.
- Use your commute to do some extra walking. Park several blocks away, or get off the bus a few stops early.
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator, at least for a few floors.
- Suggest holding meetings with colleagues during a walk inside or outside the building.
- Go the extra distance when possible: Get your coffee on another floor (use the stairs) or use the restroom that’s the farthest from your office.
- If you need to speak to a coworker, walk to that person’s office or station rather than using e-mail or the phone.
- Use your morning and afternoon breaks to take quick 15-minute walks.