Pelvic Floor problems among women are very common, though many women just accept this as a normal part of life, it doesn’t have to be – treatment is available!
Many people are unaware that physiotherapy can help these and other women’s health problems but there is a lot we can do to help. Most conditions can be treated effectively and symptoms eased in the majority of cases.
PhysioXtra Pirie Street is now able to offer the following Women’s Health Services to clients:
- Assessment and management of continence issues
- Assessment and management of pelvic organ prolapse
- Assessment and management of tears post child birth
- Assessment and management of rectus diastasis
- Post-natal pelvic floor strengthening
- Individual exercise prescription and advice on exercise during pregnancy
- Screening for return to exercise post child birth
- Pregnancy-related low-back pain
Your first appointment will include an assessment of your problem by a female physiotherapist. This takes place in a private treatment room with a closed door where women feel more at ease when talking about a personal problem. You will be asked in detail about your problem and how it affects your everyday life and also about your medical history. Please allow 60 minutes for this appointment.